cxf-users mailing list archives

From Campster <cdfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat freezing when trying to instantiate CXF Service
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:31:20 GMT

dkulp wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 September 2008 12:20:31 pm Campster wrote:
>> When launching Tomcat it freezes when trying to load my CXF Service.  The
>> console stops being updated after the following:
>>
>> INFO: Creating Service
>> {http://endpoint.services.cost.prometheus.intervolve.com/}CostService
>> from
>> class com.intervolve.prometheus.cost.services.endpoint.CostServiceFacade
>>
>> The thing is, this only happens when I have specific types of parameters
>> in
>> CostServiceFacade's methods.  If I put in an Integer or a Double or even
>> Object it works fine, but if I throw in one of our own classes (say,
>> Product) it simply freezes and never instantiates the service or any of
>> the
>> subsequent services it needs to start.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be causing this?
>
> Nope.   Any chance you can "kill -3" it and get a stack trace from it?
> Either that or attach a debugger to it and debug into what it's trying to
> do?
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

It appears that it gets stuck in Catalina.start() in the main thread.
Tomcat initializes, but since Catalina is frozen none of the servlets start
and as a result the fact that Tomcat is operational is sort of moot.

When I pause the thread once it's stuck the stack I get is the following:

PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(SocketImpl) line: not available [native method]
SocksSocketImpl(PlainSocketImpl).accept(SocketImpl) line: not available
ServerSocket.implAccept(Socket) line: not available
ServerSocket.accept() line: not available [local variables unavailable]
StandardServer.await() line: 513
Catalina.await() line: 619
Catalina.start() line: 579
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Method, Object, Object[]) line: not
available [native method]
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: not available
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: not available
Method.invoke(Object, Object...) line: not available
Bootstrap.start() line: 287
Bootstrap.main(String[]) line: 425