cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First WSDL-to-Java client issues
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 04:09:53 GMT

John-567 wrote:

> I'm definitely leaning toward Maven but the environment I am working in
> uses
> Ant most often and this development approach is new to them, so I'm not
> sure I would be successful introducing an additional technology such as
> Maven to them.

You can do what I did--start with Ant then move on to Maven once the web
service stuff becomes old hat.  I've always liked Ant but learned Maven last
year because most others I saw in the Open Source community were happy with
it.  It took a while to get used to Maven but I'm glad I learned it.

John-567 wrote:

> ...perhaps I should just force feed it to them.  ;-)

Well, be careful, depending on your team, you might be opening yourself up
to "workplace mobbing" if you don't get sufficient buy-in from the team
first.  If you do go this route, use a small spoon and interrupt the process
frequently with cookies...   ;-)

Glen