cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: JAX-RS:Setting returnvalue for custom types
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:22:28 GMT
Hi

There's an "Exception Handling" section there, and some basic examples are provided, but I'll
add few more advanced
examples. If

new WebApplicationException(statusCode)

is not good enough then you can use ResponseBuilder :

new WebApplicationException(Response.status(status).entity(someDescription).build());

Cheers, Sergey

> Hi,
>
>> Just prepending a JAX-RS: prefix in the subject line.
> Ok.
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If I got a method like:
>>>
>>> Customer getCustomer(@PathParam('cust') String custId) {
>>>    Customer c = myCustomerDao.getCustomer(custId);
>>>
>>>    if (c == null) {
>>>        // do something
>>>    }
>>>    return c;
>>> }
>>>
>>> Now, in the do something clause, I might want to respond with a http
>>> code and maybe an errormessage. How do I inject those instead of just
>>> returning null ?
>>
>> You can throw a JAX-RS WebApplicationException or use JAX-RS
>> ExceptionMappers and throw any exception you like (including the
>> RuntimeException), have a look at [1] please for more info :
> Thanks, I've been using that page quite a lot lately.
>
> Would it be possible to edit the page and add an example of using
> WebApplicationException in the text - mainly to make it a bit more
> obvious how to use it. I skimmed across the paragraph refering to the
> exception a few times before I connected the dots. I tried to edit the
> page myself to add this.
>
> Kind regards,
> Tarjei
>

>> Cheers, Sergey
>>
>> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jax-rs-jsr-311.html
>>

>>> Kind regards,
>>> Tarjei

>> Registered Number: 171387
>> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland

Registered Number: 171387