cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Ostermueller, Erik" <Erik.Ostermuel...@fnis.com>
Subject RE: WebSphere problems w/ CXF
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:34:32 GMT
replying to self...

I keep forgetting about the subtle differences b/t
classnotfoundexception and noclassdeffounderror.
http://www.jroller.com/sjivan/entry/difference_between_classnotfoundexce
ption_and_noclassdeffounderror

My original problem was this:

[8/12/08 20:47:03:028 CDT] 0000004e ServletWrappe E   SRVE0068E:
Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet:
cxf. Exception thrown : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.SOAPDocumentImpl
        at
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.SOAPPartImpl.<init>(SOAPPartImpl.java:11
9)
        at
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.Message1_1Impl.getSOAPPart(Messag
e1_1Impl.java:109)
        at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJInInterceptor.handleMessage(SAAJInI
nterceptor.java:85)

NoClassDefFoundError means this class is indeed being found, but it has
dependencies that are not.

I decompiled (using 'jad') the problem child:
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.SOAPDocumentImpl.
The import stmts showed that xercesImpl.jar and dom.jar were being used.
So I dumped those into
/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/endorsed and I was off and
running.
Wohoo!