cxf-users mailing list archives

From AmaDaden <amada...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Just what is 'AllowChunking'?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:10:03 GMT

Glen Mazza wrote:

>  Some older web services can't work with chunking, and will throw random
> errors if you try to do so

We are in the middle of upgrading from XFire 1.2.4 to CXF 2.1.1 where I
work. This was happening when we use a CXF client to connect to a XFire
server. Is XFire 1.2.4 known to have this issue? Latter we will be upgrading
the other clients to use CXF but these parts will connect to servers that we
control or know what kind of servers they run on. Are there any other issues
like this that I should be aware of? Or better yet a page that lists the
known issues of using CXF clients with different types of services?

Glen Mazza wrote:

> chunking needs to be manually turned off in those cases.

That seems a bit odd. Shouldn't the default settings be designed to work
with the least issues? Why is chunking on by default?

Thanks for all the help