cxf-users mailing list archives

From "David Hoffer" <david.hof...@issinc.com>
Subject RE: CXF newbie questions
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:06:13 GMT
Wow, that sure is simple.  I see the Endpoint class has start/stop methods
which is perfect for controlling via a service/daemon.

What I'm not clear on is how Jetty is linked into this?  Is the HTTP server
customizable somehow?  I.e. could I use the JRE 1.6 HTTP server or Jetty?

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Roberts [mailto:i.roberts@dcs.shef.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:31 AM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: CXF newbie questions

David Hoffer wrote:

> You can run a single service using an embedded Jetty server using the
> JAX-WS standard Endpoint.publish() mechanism.
>
> [dh] Yes this is what I want to do (if using JAX_WS) is there a newbie
> tutorial?

http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/a-simple-jax-ws-service.html

Once you've got the right annotations on your classes it really is as
simple as:

public static void main(String[] argv) {
  MyServiceImpl impl = new MyServiceImpl();
  Endpoint.publish("http://localhost:9000/MyService", impl);
}

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
i.roberts@dcs.shef.ac.uk  | University of Sheffield, UK