cxf-users mailing list archives

From Brad <...@javawork.co.uk>
Subject JAX-RS: provider selection when "aacept" contains a list of values
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:24:50 GMT
Hi,

I'm having a problem where one of my client applications is unable to
get a response in their required media type.

Here's the method annotation:

@ProduceMime( {"application/xml", "application/json", "text/html",
"application/atom+xml"} )

The client is trying to get a JSON response using this  HTTP header:

Accept: application/json, text/html, application/xml;q=0.9,
application/xhtml+xml, image/png, image/jpeg, image/gif,
image/x-xbitmap, */*;q=0.1

My initial response was that the client needs to reduce that header
value down to just "application/json" but I'm told their javascript
toolkit can only add to existing headers.

Anyway, I had a look in the providers section of the JAX-RS spec and
although there is a section on provider selection given a single value
it doesn't say anything about a list af values.

Could anyone give me an idea of what the expected behaviour is in this case?

Thanks,
Brad.