cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JavaScript clients with ?js
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:31:36 GMT

Well, couple questions:
1) Are you using a 2.1.x version of CXF or 2.0.x?     The javascript
stuff is only in 2.1.x.

2) In your war or tomcat setup, are you using the big CXF bundle jar
or individual modules?   If using modules, is the cxf-rt-javascript
jar in there?

3) Are you completely using spring context listeners or just the
minimal cxf-servlet?  If using a full spring context, are you
including META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-javascript-client.xml ?

Dan

On Jul 15, 2008, at 8:38 AM, Andrew Clegg wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've recently started experimenting with CXF, and I must say, I'm
> liking it better than both Axis2 and Metro so far.
>
> Onhe quick question though. I have read references to
> automatically-generated javascript clients that can be provided at the
> server side, but I can't make this work. I have a service generated
> from a WSDL that lives at:
>
> http://localhost:8080/cathws/services/SimpleTest
>
> I know it's working okay because I can view its WSDL and invoke its
> operations via SoapUI. I also discovered by accident that you can do
> things like this:
>
> http://localhost:8080/cathws/services/SimpleTest/TestEcho?stringToEcho=foobar
>
> Perhaps this should be documented on the CXF site, the only reference
> to it I found was on the Mule site, and then with a different syntax!
> But anyway... If I understand right, I ought to be able to get a
> JavaScript client of some sort by doing this:
>
> http://localhost:8080/cathws/services/SimpleTest?js
>
> However this just results in a fault:
>
> <soap:Envelope>
> <soap:Body>
> <soap:Fault>
> <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
> <faultstring>No such operation: </faultstring>
> </soap:Fault>
> </soap:Body>
> </soap:Envelope>
>
> Am I misunderstanding how this works or what it does? Is there
> something special I need to add to my cxf-servlet.xml?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew.

---
Daniel Kulp