cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why does cxf-codegen-plugin v2.1/wsdl2java put hardcoded WSDL path into autogenerated service class? suggested fix?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 17:40:39 GMT

If the code is generated from a "correct" WSDL, then you don't really
need the WSDL at all at runtime.   You can specify a "null" URL for
the wsdl in the constructor.   The runtime will then use the
annotations that the code generator added to the code for everything
it needs.

The exception to that is the actual URL that is hit.   That is not
recorded in the annotations.  However, that's settable via standard
JAX-WS API's:
((BindingProvider)portType).getRequestContext().put(
    BindingProvider.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_URL, "https://blah/blah/blah");

Dan

On Jul 1, 2008, at 1:31 PM, Gary Weaver wrote:

> [...]

>>> has a static block that looks like:

>>>   static {
>>>       URL url = null;
>>>       try {
>>>           url = new URL("file:/path/to/my/project/trunk/src/main/
>>> wsdl/MyService.wsdl");
>>>       } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
>>>           System.err.println("Can not initialize the default wsdl
>>> from file:/path/to/my/project/trunk/src/main/wsdl/MyService.wsdl");
>>>           // e.printStackTrace();
>>>       }
>>>       WSDL_LOCATION = url;
>>>   }
>>>
>>> And in the pom.xml looks like:

>>>           <plugin>
>>>               <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>>>               <artifactId>cxf-codegen-plugin</artifactId>
>>>               <version>${cxf.version}</version>
>>>               <executions>
>>>                   <execution>
>>>                       <id>checklist</id>
>>>                       <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>>>                       <configuration>
>>>                           <sourceRoot>${basedir}/target/generated/
>>> src/main/java</sourceRoot>
>>>                           <wsdlOptions>
>>>                               <wsdlOption>
>>>                                   <wsdl>${basedir}/src/main/wsdl/
>>> MyService.wsdl</wsdl>
>>>                               </wsdlOption>
>>>                           </wsdlOptions>
>>>                       </configuration>
>>>                       <goals>
>>>                           <goal>wsdl2java</goal>
>>>                       </goals>
>>>                   </execution>
>>>               </executions>
>>>           </plugin>
>>>

>>> And the error that occurs when you run this in an environment
>>> where that path/file (/path/to/my/project/trunk/src/main/wsdl/
>>> MyService.wsdl) doesn't exist is:
>>>
>>> javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException:
>>> org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException:
>>> Failed to create service.
>>>       at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl.<init>(ServiceImpl.java:
>>> 134)
>>>       at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .cxf
>>> .jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl.createServiceDelegate(ProviderImpl.java:65)
>>>       at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:56)
>>>       at ... (autogenerated client code)
>>>       at ...
>>>     Caused by:
>>> org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException:
>>> Failed to create service.
>>>       at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .cxf.wsdl11.WSDLServiceFactory.<init>(WSDLServiceFactory.java:83)
>>>       at
>>> org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl.initializePorts(ServiceImpl.java:
>>> 140)
>>>       at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl.<init>(ServiceImpl.java:
>>> 132)
>>> Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException:
>>> faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing 'file:/path/to/my/project/
>>> trunk/src/main/wsdl/MyService.wsdl'.:
>>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /path/to/my/project/trunk/src/main/

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog