cxf-users mailing list archives

From Brice <brice.duth...@gmail.com>
Subject Just to be sure about Gzip
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:45:18 GMT
We are using CXF as a REST Client, this client connects to a partner
service. The context is that the response are a really huge POX, so we would
like our partner to compresse the answer with GZip.

I googled around, and I didn't really found something useful yet, except
that XFire 1.2 was supporting HTTP GZip.

Well knowing that HTTP GZip is a part of the RFC and this is the server that
send a gzipped response, I'm guessing the user side (as a client) doesn't
have to set any related parameters!?
Am I wrong?

And as a general idea for webservices, when this is CXF that is sending XML
documents (either SOAP or REST) how can we configure CXF to gzip them (or
any compression algorythm).

Thx in advance.

--
Bryce