cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Fisher, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Fis...@argushealth.com>
Subject RE: SAAJ and WSS4JInInterceptor
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:51:40 GMT
I may have found the reason here for anyone else with this problem.
http://www.mail-archive.com/cxf-user@incubator.apache.org/msg02950.html

Unfortunately, we're moving backwards to xfire because we can't figure
this issue out... cxf needs an implementation of SAAJ that isn't tied to
a VM. Websphere is a pretty big player in the Webapp arena and it's
unfortunate ws-security won't run due to an error in a third party
library.

I *did* see that apache-Geronimo has an implementation, and I added that
to the build before pulling the plug on CXF, unfortunately, that gave me
this error:Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl incompatible with
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory when trying to parse our spring
config.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fisher, Jonathan
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 9:12 AM
To: 'users@cxf.apache.org'
Subject: RE: SAAJ and WSS4JInInterceptor

Yes, it does work in tomcat, and strangely enough, it runs in the
instance of WebSphere locally, but not on our development servers. The
local instance I believe runs with J9 and not the Sun VM, so this
problem is baffling.

Thank you for your concern on security. I left a good portion of the
config out of my initial email. We our customer and client security and
privacy very seriously.

Your link did not come through, it looks like everything got translated
from HTML to plaintext. Can you send the full URL?