cxf-users mailing list archives

From Ulhas Bhole <ulhas.bh...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Any Example to use Apache Commons HTTP Client in CXF Client? or Status of CXF-291
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:45:48 GMT
Hi Jina,
You are on correct line if you want to create a complete new transport
you will need to create a transport factory, conduit and destination
implementation. transport factory can create the conduit and destination
when required.

One problem I see currently is selecting the transport factory is based
on URI prefix (e.g http:// or jms://) and currently http:// will return
you http transport factory of current HTTP transport.

What you can do is extend the current transport factory and based on
some configuration return your new conduit/destination which would use
commons-httpclient.

You can take a look at the jetty http transport and servlet transport.

Regards,

Ulhas Bhole

jian wu wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Actually, I'm very new to CXF and just thinking about whether I should
> implement a simple Conduit using commons-httpclient.
>
> I found one email thread in mailing list:
>   http://www.nabble.com/Using-HTTPClient-as-a-transport-td14715325.html
>
> it seems that I might have to implement a new ConnectionFactory
> and inject into CXF using Spring.
>
> Since this is plugging to low CXF Transport layer, it would be great
> that you can provide some tips or suggestions on how to implement
> it or implement a Conduit in general.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!
>
> Jian
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 15, 2008, at 3:33 AM, jian wu wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to upgrade an existing XFire 1.2.6 based WS Client and
>>> Server to CXF 2.1. And the existing XFire 1.2.6 WS Client depends
>>> on Commons HTTPClient to set up connection pool.
>>>
>>> Is there any chance CXF-291 could be fixed in CXF 2.1.2 or sooner?
>>>
>> If someone could implement it and attach a patch, of course.    I'm not sure
>> if any of the existing committers have that as a priority though.   I kind
>> of doubt it since it's been sitting there for so long.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>>> Or it could be great to have some example code showing how to
>>> to use HTTP Commons Client as CXF Transport Layer.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for your help!
>>>
>>> Jian
>>>
>> ---
>> Daniel Kulp