cxf-users mailing list archives

From Christine Karman <christ...@christine.nl>
Subject Re: js client
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:55:34 GMT
Hi guys,
I think I have solved all my js issues. In order to make the javascript
helloworld example work, here's what I did.

In the virtual web server config, create a proxy. Browsers don't allow
cross site scripting, for obvious reasons. In your virtual web server
configuration you add these lines (as Benson already showed)

  ProxyRequests On
  ProxyVia On
  <Proxy *>
  Order deny,allow
  Allow from all
  </Proxy>
  ProxyPass /soap http://localhost:9000
  ProxyPassReverse /soap http://localhost:9000

In order to enable proxies, in the mods-enabled directory create
symbolic links to proxy.conf, proxy.load and proxy_http.load in the
mods_avaliable directory.
I found that I need to use a high port for downloading the html and js.
During debugging I didn't notice because tcpmon was on a high port
anyway, but removing tcpmon generated a URI access denied error. So now
my html is in an iframe that is loaded from port 8100, as is the js.
I'll check this out because I think you should be able to use port 80.

In the static html, replace "response.getResponseType()" in
sayHiResponse by "response.getReturn()", which will get you the string
response from the soap service.

Don't use a form submit. A form submit causes the page to refresh,
replacing your web service response. If you run the web server locally,
the submit can precede the soap response, causing an http error.

--
dagdag is just a two character rotation of byebye
www.christine.nl