cxf-users mailing list archives

From John-M Baker <john-m.ba...@db.com>
Subject Re: Roles and permissions
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:23:47 GMT
Hi,

What was the solution to this problem?  Only apply it to the REST service?
 Will a future release of CXF fix it for SOAP?

John Baker
--
Web SSO
IT Infrastructure

Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>
18/06/2008 14:43
Please respond to
users@cxf.apache.org

users@cxf.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Roles and permissions

On Jun 18, 2008, at 9:38 AM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If so then I'd assuem  it's something  which needs to be fixed in a
> jaxws asm processor, as this method
>
>>>  Response getApplicationConfiguration(@PathParam("id") String id,
>>> @Context SecurityContext sc);
>
> is unlikely to be part of whatever interface the JAX-WS endpoint
> supports ?
> Dan, what do you reckon ? Is it possible to push the methods to be
> invoked over SOAP to a seperate interface so that the other methods
> are not introspected on the  implementation class itself ?

Yes.   The endpointInterface attribute on the WebService annotation
would give us the interface that we would use.

Alternatively, just add:
@WebMethod(exclude = true)
to the methods you don't want JAX-WS to look at.

Dan

> John, you can also try annotating a field instead
>
> @Context
> private SecurityContext sc;
>
> Note it's not thread-safe but it will be fixed shorly
>
> Cheers, Sergey
>
>> Yes, I do.
>>
>> <!-- Define the REST service -->
>> <jaxrs:server id="cxf.server.rest.ApplicationConfigurationService"
>>   address="/rest">
>>   <jaxrs:serviceBeans>
>>     <ref bean="service.beans.applicationConfiguration" />
>>   </jaxrs:serviceBeans>
>> </jaxrs:server>
>>
>> <!-- Define the application configuration webservice -->
>> <jaxws:endpoint id="cxf.server.soap.ApplicationConfigurationService"
>>   implementor="#service.beans.applicationConfiguration"
>>   address="/soap/applicationConfiguration" />
>>
>> John Baker
>> --
>> Web SSO
>> IT Infrastructure
>> Deutsche Bank London

> ----------------------------
> Registered Number: 171387
> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4,
> Ireland

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org