cxf-users mailing list archives

From jimpo <janne.matt...@gofore.com>
Subject Can I use absolute jaxws:endpoint address in a webapp?
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:24:23 GMT

I have this problem which I am trying to solve using absolute endpoint
address in my config. For explanation on the original problem, see the link
in the end of my post.

My problem would be solved if I could use an absolute URL for my endpoint
address. Documentation at

http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jax-ws-configuration.html

uses absolute http://localhost:8080/somesome... addresses for all the jax-ws
endpoints so I am assuming this should be possible.

Although I am confused, how can this work? The absolute urls are for example
address="http://localhost:8080/test". If my CXF servlet is configured at
path http://localhost:8080/somewebapp/cxfservlet/, how can the service be at
the server root?

Still, I tried to use absolute addresses for my services. CXF deployment
seems to go ok without errors and the service gets deployed:

INFO: Creating Service {http://www.foo.com/foo/schemas}SomeDataService from
WSDL: wsdl/somedata.wsdl
30.6.2008 16:09:34 org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl initDestination
INFO: Setting the server's publish address to be
http://localhost:8080/some/ws/someData

When I got to cxf root at localhost:8080/some/ws/, the service is listed ok
and link points to wsdl at http://localhost:8080/some/ws/someData?wsdl, but
accessing that address gives "No service was found." and

30.6.2008 16:21:17 org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController invoke
WARNING: Can't find the the request for
http://localhost:8080/som/ws/someData's Observer

http://www.nabble.com/cxf-behind-load-balancer%2C-services-point-to-localhost%3A8080-instead-of-server%3A80-td18086037.html#a18195392