cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preferred JDK Version?
Date Sat, 17 May 2008 15:50:45 GMT

On May 16, 2008, at 11:53 PM, Freeman Fang wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Can we say cxf 2.0.x fix branch work with jdk 1.6?

No, the 2.0.x branch doesn't work with 1.6.  It can "somewhat work"
with JDK 1.6 up to update 3, but not at all with updates 4 and later
without endorsing a bunch of things which would mess up the jaxws
stuff built into the jdk.

> I saw several test failure build with 1.6.0_06, they are
> testWsdlNoService(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
> testNoServiceImport(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)
> testNoServiceNOPortType
> (org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)

The trunk (2.1) should work with JDK 1.6 update 4 and later except for
one of the JAX-RS tests (last I checked, Sergey might have fixed it)
due to Abdera relying on a particular hash map ordering or something
like that.     However, it WON'T work with updates 1 - 3.  I t needs
update 4 or later.

Dan

> Thanks
>
> Freeman
>
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
>> On Tuesday 01 April 2008, davidwsica wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone provide an update on using JDK6 (latest update 5) with
>>> the
>>> latest CXF 2.1?  Are there still issues with JAX-WS 2.1?
>>>

>> Not with jaxws.   We have one system test failure in the jaxrs
>> stuff, but it's "non-critical".   Basically, the hashmaps are
>> ordered differently in J6 which is causing a problem with a test
>> that is assuming a particular order.   (yes, it's a bad test.
>> We're looking at it.)
>>
>> Other than that, the entire CXF build builds and tests fine with
>> Java6 and the TCK has the same failures with Java6 as it does with
>> Java5.
>>
>> Oh: there is one demo that is also failing that Sean is looking at.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> David

JDK6