cxf-users mailing list archives

From quakexp...@aol.com
Subject Binding to extended wsdl types
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 00:15:48 GMT
I have a type defined in document/literal/wrapped style that extends another type. I was wondering
if its possible to communicate to CXF the subtype being used in a way other than via a type
attribute in the super type xml tag.

Heres my type definition:

<complexType abstract="true" name="Person">
? <sequence>
??? <element ...
? </sequence>
</complexType>

<complexType name="User">
? <complexContent>
??? <extension base="Person">
????? <sequence>
??????? <element ...>
????? </sequence>
??? </extension>
? </complexContent>
</complexType>

When send the SOAP over the wire (successfully), it looks like this:

<Person xsi:type="ns3:User" xmlns:ns3="...">
? ...
</Person>

My question again - is there another way to communicate the type (User) being represented?
Is there a way to use a wsdl element called "type" that is used by jaxb for custom binding?
Such as:

<simpleType name="PersonType">
? <restriction base="xsd:string">
??? <enumeration value="User"/>
? </restriction>
</simpleType>

<complexType abstract="true" name="Person">

? <sequence>

??? <element ...
??? <element name="type" type="PersonType">

? </sequence>

</complexType>

Thanks