cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Wood" <Daniel.W...@rdfgroup.com>
Subject RE: cxf and abstract object transformation
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 15:06:53 GMT
Thanks for the help I have this working now.

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Roberts [mailto:i.roberts@dcs.shef.ac.uk]
Sent: 06 May 2008 14:36
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: cxf and abstract object transformation

Daniel Wood wrote:
> I'm currently developing an app (using CXF 2.06 for the ws
interaction)
> and have come across an issue when transforming data from an external
> web service back into Java. It looks like CXF is trying to create the
> abstract version of the object, rather than the concrete
implementation
> (see stack trace at the end of this message). Is there any way I can
> help CXF identify this data with the correct implementation of the
> object through code?

There was a post about this a couple of weeks back - in order to pass
objects of types that are not directly used as parameter or return
types, you need to tell the JAXB context about the subclasses
explicitly.

http://www.nabble.com/problem-serializing-class-hierarchy-tt16795656.htm

With CXF 2.1 you can just use @XmlSeeAlso, but it's a bit more
complicated with 2.0.x.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts               | Department of Computer Science
i.roberts@dcs.shef.ac.uk  | University of Sheffield, UK

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom
it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately. All
messages passing through this gateway are virus scanned. Any opinions or advice contained
in this e-mail are those of the individual sender except where they are stated to be the views
of RDF Group plc or its subsidiaries, RDF Consulting (registered number 3522265), RDF Resources
(3984500) and Aqua Resources Group (4975898). RDF Group plc is registered in England at 2
Bartholomews, Brighton, BN1 1HG (registered number 3637683).