cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Null MessageContext without custom invoker
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 02:37:18 GMT

WebServiceContext is a JAX-WS specific thing and thus only works with
the JAX-WS frontend, not the simple frontend.   You MIGHT be able to
get it to work with the simple frontend if you use the JAX-WS invoker,
but I'm not really sure if that works at all.   Haven't tried it.

Couple options:
1) Add an "Exchange exc" parameter as the last parameter to the
method.   The simple frontend will see that and pass the full exchange
in.
2) Create an Interceptor that would store the exchange or message in a
public ThreadLocal someplace that your impl could get.

Dan

On May 12, 2008, at 8:52 AM, andre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using cxf's simple server frontend and I need the message
> context within the endpoint. WebServiceContext is injected, but
> invoking "getMessageContext()" from it returns null. There's a
> similar post addressing this issue, but in that case it seems it was
> a problem with the user's custom invoker. In my case, there's no
> custom invoker and I'm using Windows Vista. Is there another
> approach to obtain the message context? Can be an operating system
> related issue?
>
> Sample code:
>
> @WebService
> public class FooImpl implements Foo {
>   @Resource
>   private WebServiceContext webContext;
>
>   public void fooIt() {
>       MessageContext messageContext =
> this.webContext.getMessageContext(); // messageContext returns null
>       // ...do something with messageContext
>   }
> }
>
> Thanks in advance,