cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jaxws binding issue
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 17:45:26 GMT

Adrian,

Just dug into these and found a bunch of issues with the applications of
the bindings file.   Thanks for the test cases.

In the "case 2" that you have, it MIGHT work if you add a top level
xsd:annotation/xsd:appinfo element to the schema.  It can be blank, but
it should be.   The code seems to be using the wrong method to find it
and it's actually finding the first in the whole tree, not the immediate
child of schema.  Thus, the global binding stuff is added to the one in
TestEnum and then screwing everything up.

"case 3" has other issues.   Digging into the code, there are definite
issues if a jaxws:bindings element has multiple jaxb binding things in
it.  It looks like only the first jaxb:bindings element is honored and
jaxb:globalBindings isn't honored at all if there is a jaxb:bindings.

Thus, you MAY be able to work around it with multiple jaxws:bindings
elements, each with a single jaxb extensor in it.

In anycase, I should have fixes for it shortly.  With the Apache SVN
issues, I'm not sure if I'll get it committed today or not.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org