cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: turning off @XmlSeeAlso in wsdl2java in CXF 2.1
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 15:42:12 GMT

It's kind of required per-spec.   Thus, we don't really have a way to
turn it off.

That said, in many cases, the ObjectFactory classes are necessary for
the JAXB runtime to actually work correctly.   If you have types by
extension (subclasses in java code), they may not get picked up into
the context (unless you use some extra configuration), sometimes
certain enums don't work, etc...

Also, what's even more important: With JAXB 2.1, if you generate more
than one schema into the same package, you are definitely going to
have problems.  The default namespace and whether elements are
qualified or not are stored in the package-info.java class.     Thus,
if you have multiple schemas getting generated in there, which even is
generated "last" will control the namespace and element qualifications
for everything.  Thus, you would/could definitely end up with invalid
XML being generated.   I had someone run into this last week with
using the -p flag on wsdl2java.   I need to add some checks to that
flag to make sure it will work.  If there are multiple namespaces, it
really won't.

Dan

On May 16, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Daniel Lipofsky wrote:

> I did figure out I could create an empty ObjectFactory
> class to overcome this problem.  But I am still wondering
> if the generation of this tag could be turned off, or
> what it is used for and why is it needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

---
Daniel Kulp