cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can i send and receive java.util.List as a JAX WS WebService Parameter ???
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:25:03 GMT
On Monday 28 April 2008, Mohammad Shamsi wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i want know that what kind of Java Data Types i can use as JAX WS
> parameters or return type. (sand and received SOAP object)

java.util.List is one of the types that is mandated by the JAX-WS and
JAXB specifications, so that should work fine.

The other collection types require a bit of work on your part though.
With 2.1, we have a sample (java_first_jaxws) that shows how to send a
Map.  You basically need to write special type adapters that map the
type you "want" to the types that JAXB supports.  For the most part,
it's pretty simple, but it can become a bit complex.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA