cxf-users mailing list archives

From <liter...@centrum.cz>
Subject servlet transport
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:04:26 GMT
Hi,

I want to add soap stack to my web application. I decided for CXF.  This page http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/servlet-transport.html
shows it could be possible. I set up web.xml and now I want to bind the servlet to bus, as
specified in:

// cxf is the instance of the CXFServlet
Bus bus = cxf.getBus();
BusFactory.setDefaultBus(bus);
Endpoint.publish("/Greeter", new GreeterImpl());

The question is: how can I get the instance? J2ee's getServlet() is deprecated.

1) I dont want to add spring to my project so I want to use programmatic way.
2) My application is a web application, so starting jetty and binding servlet is not an good
option. Though if not possible I could somehow try to get jetty's instance and bind the CXFServlet
in code instead of web.xml

Thank you

Leos

PS1 documentation says that to build samples you need ant 1.6. I've got CXFServlet, but it
fails, that verbose attribute is not supported
PS2 javadoc does not contain CXFServlet