cxf-users mailing list archives

From Martijn Brinkers <martijn.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception after upgrade to CXF 2.1
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:49:18 GMT
Hi,

I upgraded to version 2.1 but now exceptions are being thrown at startup
which seem related to an incompatibility between asm.jar used by
Hibernate and asm.jar used by CXF:

Exception in thread "main"
bean with name 'usersWS': Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.visit(IILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)V

This posting mentions similar problems

http://www.nabble.com/cxf-2.0.1-incubator---dependency-incompatibility-with-hibernate-td12141625.html#a12313341

Any idea how I can resolve this? should I upgrade asm.jar (ie. not use
the version provided by the Hibernate distriubution)?

Thanks,

Martijn Brinkers