cxf-users mailing list archives

From John-M Baker <john-m.ba...@db.com>
Subject Re: JIRA CXF-1456
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:25:56 GMT
Excellent news. Do you have a timeline for 2.0.5?

John Baker
--
Web SSO
IT Infrastructure

Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>
05/03/2008 14:24
Please respond to
cxf-user@incubator.apache.org

cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
cc
John-M Baker/ext/dbcom@DBEMEA
Subject
Re: JIRA CXF-1456

On Wednesday 05 March 2008, John-M Baker wrote:
> Is there a fix to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1456 for
> CXF 2.0.4? Or should I ask, when is 2.0.5 going to be released?

I deployed new snapshots monday night of 2.0.5 that have this fixed.  Not
100% positive on the release date yet.  Hopefully soon.

> Also, on the subject of SSL, this is far too much effort:
>
>       HTTPConduit http = (HTTPConduit)cxfClient.getConduit();
>       TLSClientParameters tlsParams = new TLSClientParameters();
>       tlsParams.setSecureSocketProtocol("SSL");
>       http.setTlsClientParameters(tlsParams);
>
> Could CXF not automatically handle SSL in 2.0.5? A URL with https
> should not cause CXF to require extra coding!

I 100% agree.  The snapshot fixes this as well which was what sparked
some of the contriversy.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA