cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Vest Hansen" <karmazi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTPs and CXF
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:43:00 GMT
You are expected to configure a http conduit so that it will make
proper use of SSL:

   http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/client-http-transport.html

:)

On 3/5/08, John-M Baker <john-m.baker@db.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I see the topic of HTTPs has been discussed very recently, however has
>  there been a conclusion? I've created a CXF client stub that operates
>  correctly with HTTP, but when I do nothing more than change the location
>  in the WSDL to an HTTPs URL, and generate stubs, I receive the following
>  runtime exception:
>
>  Caused by: java.io.IOException: Illegal Protocol https for HTTP
>  URLConnection Factory.
>   at
>  org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HttpURLConnectionFactoryImpl.createConnection(HttpURLConnectionFactoryImpl.java:44)
>   at
>  org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.prepare(HTTPConduit.java:474)
>   at
>  org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:46)
>   ... 8 more
>
>  Is this a bug? Surely CXF is able to handle an HTTPs URL? If it's not a
>  bug, what am I expected to do?
>
>  Thanks,
>

>  John Baker
>  --
>  Web SSO
>  IT Infrastructure
>  Deutsche Bank London

>  ---
>
>  This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

>  Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate
and regulatory disclosures.

--