cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Berkowitz" <Michael.Berkow...@Kayote.com>
Subject RE: When client gets fault response, it throws "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder"
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:18:07 GMT
Thanks, Daniel.  I am, in fact, using build 1.6.0_04-b12.  Thanks for
the advice, I'll look into it.  What's the ETA on 2.1?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:05 PM
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Michael Berkowitz
Subject: Re: When client gets fault response, it throws
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder"

Looking at the error, I guess it's Java 6?

That's probably the "issue".   My gut feeling says it would work ok if
you used a Java5 vm.   Getting 2.0.x to completely work on Java 6 (up to

update 3, but not update 4) can be done, but you probably need to copy a

couple jars from the lib dir to the jre/lib/endorsed dir.
Specifically, the saaj* jars and the jaxb* jars.    I don't think 2.0.x
will work at all with Java 6 update 4.  Maybe if you also endorse the
jaxws-api jar.

CXF 2.1 will support Java 6 update 4 (but not updates 1-3).

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA