cxf-users mailing list archives

From bdm <brent_mo...@byu.edu>
Subject WSDL First Development Cycle - specifically wsdl:port address question
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:07:03 GMT

I'm looking for suggestions for a "best practice" in how we accomplish moving
our CXF code through the various parts of our development lifecycle - i.e.
development, test, and production.  We have divided these responsibilities
among three hosts - ws-dev, ws-tst, and ws (production).  We also prefer
WSDL first development and are supplying our own wsdl to CXF.

The problem we have is that we have to either change the wsdl as we move
through the various stages to reflect the new host, or add ports for each in
the original wsdl like so:

    <wsdl:service name="PersonService">
        <wsdl:port name="PersonPortStg" binding="tns:PersonBinding">
            <soap:address
                location="https://ws-tst/services/personService/PersonSOAP"
/>
        </wsdl:port>
        <wsdl:port name="PersonPortDev" binding="tns:PersonBinding">
            <soap:address
                location="https://ws-dev/services/personService/PersonSOAP"
/>
        </wsdl:port>
        <wsdl:port name="PersonPortProd" binding="tns:PersonBinding">
            <soap:address
                location="https://ws/services/personService/PersonSOAP" />
        </wsdl:port>
        <wsdl:port name="PersonPortLocal" binding="tns:PersonBinding">
            <soap:address
                location="http://localhost:8080/personService/PersonSOAP"
/>
        </wsdl:port>
    </wsdl:service>

We are early enough in the process that we can change our practice without
much pain right now, but soon we will have to live with what we have.

We are really interested in what others are doing to handle this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Brent