cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Ayush Gupta" <ay...@inquisant.com>
Subject Using CXF's Failover Feature
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:48:52 GMT
I'm trying to use the failover feature. The documentation for this seems
thin; it is mentioned at http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/featureslist.html
and javadocd at
http://incubator.apache.org/cxf/javadoc/latest/org/apache/cxf/clustering/pac
kage-summary.html

I understand that I need to enable the failover feature by supplying a
failover strategy and that at runtime, the getAlternateEndpoints is invoked
on my selected FailoverStrategy. Here is how I do it in my client's cxf.xml:

    <bean id="failoverStrategy"
class="org.apache.cxf.clustering.SequentialStrategy"/>

    <cxf:bus>

        <cxf:features>

            <bean id="cluster"
class="org.apache.cxf.clustering.FailoverFeature">

                <property name="strategy" ref="failoverStrategy"/>

            </bean>

            <cxf:logging/>

        </cxf:features>

    </cxf:bus>

It is not clear to me how and where I need to supply the alternate endpoints
and if there is anything else I need to do for enabling CXF to look at those
alternate endpoints if invocations on my webservice fail. Has anyone here
used CXF's failover?

-ayush