cxf-users mailing list archives

From Brad <b...@javawork.co.uk>
Subject Creating a REST service from a schema
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:58:02 GMT
Hi,

I'm interested in using the jax-rs support in CXF. From the examples
I've seen it appears that I'm required to take that Java first
approach and let JAXB take care of the Java to XML mapping. Is this
correct?

I prefer the XML first approach and would like to build a RESTful
service which either can use my already generated XMLBeans classes
(prefered option) or generate JAXB java binding classes from my
schema.

Is this possible? The important things here for me are to have the
schema dictate what the XML looks like and to have it as a REST
service. If its not possible using JAX-RS, does CXF have an
alternative method to achieve the desired results?

Thanks,
Brad.