cxf-users mailing list archives

From Nanook <nmom...@rievent.com>
Subject CXFNonSpringServlet How-To?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:05:39 GMT

Let me start by saying that I am somewhat new to the CXF library and to JAXWS
in general. I would like to deploy the service under Tomcat 5.5. and I have
been able to get one of the samples to work using the standard CXFServlet
configuration.  However, our application server environment does not include
Spring, nor do we care to include it at this time. I would really like to
trim out the spring libraries and bootstrapping from the CXF dependency
list.

How can I get a web service to listen on a servlet transport without using
Spring? I have read earlier posts referring to the CXFNonSpringServlet, but
when I substitute this class in the web.xml for Tomcat, it does not work.
There is little in the way of an error message, other than: "Can't find the
the request for http://myhost/services/hello_world's Observer".

Thanks in advance!

--Nick