cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Doubleday, Dennis" <ddouble...@vocollect.com>
Subject Map parameter is empty in CXF, worked in XFire
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:27:58 GMT
I've been struggling with this for the better part of a day now. I have
a service that takes a Map<String, String> as a parameter. It worked
under XFire, but I am trying to port to CXF 2.0.3 now and I can't get
the values in the Map to come across. I pass a Map with three entries
from the client but an empty Map appears on the server side.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong:

Here is the client setup code:

                ClientProxyFactoryBean fb = new
ClientProxyFactoryBean();

                fb.setServiceClass(IntegrityCheckWebService.class);

                fb.setAddress(serviceUri + SERVICE_URL);

                fb.setProperties(properties);

                // Not sure if this line is needed, but tried it anyway

                // Didn't work either way

                fb.setDataBinding(new AegisDatabinding());

                fb.getServiceFactory().setDataBinding(new
AegisDatabinding());

                this.service = (IntegrityCheckWebService) fb.create();

And the call:

                Map<String, String> licenseCheckInfo = new
HashMap<String, String>();

licenseCheckInfo.put(IntegrityCheckWebService.TRANSACTION_ID,
rro.getTransactionID());

licenseCheckInfo.put(IntegrityCheckWebService.OPERATOR_ID,
rro.getParameters().get(2));

licenseCheckInfo.put(IntegrityCheckWebService.TERMINAL_SERIAL_NUMBER,
rro.getParameters().get(1));

                result = this.service.integrityAssert(licenseCheckInfo);

And the service method interface:

    public boolean integrityAssert(Map<String, String>
integrityCheckInfo);

And the Spring config:

      <bean id="aegisBean"
class="org.apache.cxf.aegis.databinding.AegisDatabinding"/>

      <bean id='jaxwsAegisServiceFactory'
class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean">

            <property name="dataBinding" ref="aegisBean" />

            <property name="serviceConfigurations">

                  <list>

                        <bean
class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceConfiguration" />

                        <bean
class="org.apache.cxf.aegis.databinding.AegisServiceConfiguration" />

                        <bean
class="org.apache.cxf.service.factory.DefaultServiceConfiguration" />

                  </list>

            </property>

      </bean>

      <bean id="integrityCheckWebService"
class="IntegrityCheckWebService"/>

            <property name="licenseManager" ref="systemLicenseManager"/>

      </bean>

      <jaxws:endpoint id="IntegrityCheckService"
implementor="#integrityCheckWebService"

            address="/IntegrityCheckService">

            <jaxws:serviceFactory>

                  <ref bean='jaxwsAegisServiceFactory' />