cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: java 6 & jar removals
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:02:16 GMT
On Wednesday 16 January 2008, jonathan doklovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using java 6 and was wondering what (if any) jars I can remove
> from my libs when using cxf?
>
> It seems I can remove the following and everything still compiles:
>
> jaxws-api.jar
> saaj-api.jar
> jaxb-api.jar
> jaxb-impl.jar

I'd be careful with jaxb-impl.   The 2.0.5 version we ship has some new
methods that are needed to get Soap w/ attachements working correctly.

> stax-api.jar
>
> is this correct?
> anything else?

You probably can get rid of most/all of the geronimo-* jars.  Possibly
saaj-imp.jar.  Maybe wstx-asl-3.2.1.jar.  You would definitely need to
test a bit when doing so though.   You're in uncharted territory.  :-)

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA