cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to deploy a CXF WAR file onto JBoss 4.0.5
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 03:15:07 GMT

Am Donnerstag, den 10.01.2008, 05:14 -0800 schrieb Landslide:
> Glen,
>
> I understand that I am facing a challenging problem of class loaders and
> class loading sequence, specifically for JBoss. As you can see, my CXF WAR
> has everything it needs to run as I have included ALL jars from CXF lib
> folder in its WEB-INF\lib.
>
> My case is a very simple HelloWorld CXF WAR (the sample from Release 2.0.3)
> onto JBoss 4.0.5 GA (directly unzipped from JBoss download without adding
> any additional jar). In other words, it would be very easy for you or anyone
> else to reproduce the errors.

Not really...I don't know much about JBoss, I've never installed it.  I
would be doing the same guesswork as you in trying to fix the problem,
and app server debugging generally falls outside the scope of a
volunteer committer.

I do know from experience that there are frequently initial classpath
headaches when moving to a new application server.  Activating classpath
might help.  IIRC, also JBoss *might* be having a problem with the
"geronimo*.jar" files there--I'm not really sure if that's it though.

I would check the JBoss forums--search for CXF--and see if anyone's had
any problems or solutions.  Glassfish Metro is another option if you
continue to have absolutely no luck with CXF on JBoss.

Sorry,
Glen

PS:  If you do find a solution, please respond back so it will be stored
in the email archives, to help others in the future.