cxf-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: anyType is not the same thing as xs:any :-)
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:40:51 GMT
Next week shouldn't be a problem. The override list has been there since
forever. It's a lot easier to configure on the 2.1 trunk that it was in
XFire or 2.0.3, but it's always been there as a property of the service
-- a list of class names that get mapped and added to the schema.
Typically, it's advertised as being needed to deal with inheritance and
exceptions.

I do strongly suggest doing an svn co of the trunk even if you don't
compile it, as I'm not going to write enough doc to obviate the need to
read the source code.

If I can offer any help in building from svn, I'd like to, since I
anticipate that you will hit issues, and having to make a snapshot for
every tiny tweak is likely to be frustrating all around. I've done this
on both Windows and Linux myself.

Also, I'd like to stick with the ASF convention of keeping this
conversation on cxf-user whenever possible so that others can benefit.

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 11:30 -0500, Vespa, Anthony J wrote:
> Okie - rather than compile this ourselves (I've had some issues in the past with it)
we'll wait for the next snapshot - you think early next week?

> Quick question...is the Aegis override list something new?  I don't think that I'm familiar
with that function.   In one or two of our services we return a type in a response that isn't
defined by another function, so this would help us with a kludgey work around; how does one
include data types not directly called by a function?