cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Moquin" <fragility...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about wsdl:import and xsd:extension
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:17:51 GMT
I'm using CXF (this really might be a JAXWS specific question?) to build a
webservice that imports a common wsdl definition to create a standard
interface, the import wsdl has types, a port and a binding.  The wsdl that
is the actual service, includes a service element, some types and an import
to the common wsdl (referencing the binding and port).

Can I extend a type from the imported wsdl if it is abstract, from my wsdl
that imports it?  When I try running wsdl2java, it can't find the extension
base element that is in the imported wsdl, I'm using the correct namespace.
Has anyone tried this or knows where I can look at an example?  I can't seem
to figure out an effective way to search for this type of example.  Really,
all I want is to have a element in my imported wsdl than can have a type in
the importing wsdl as a child element......  maybe I'm approaching this
wrong?

Thanks!