cxf-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF adds JavaScript client-side processing
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:41:32 GMT
Hello CXF users,

For the past several months, we've been working to give CXF support for
Javascript clients ... in browsers.

To be more specific: the goal is to generate JavaScript that
communicates with an ordinary SOAP web service, described by a WSDL
file, using a plain old SOAP binding. No REST, no special HTTP
bindings.

There are several kits for this purpose out there. They tend, based on
email traffic seen here, to have problems dealing the XML contents of
WS-I-compliant messages, particularly in the areas of namespace and
their prefixes.

CXF 2.1 will produce JavaScript clients from either wsdl or java. In the
simplest form, you can put the following in your HTML:

<script type='text/javascript' src='/path/to/your/Endpoint?js'></script>

and pull in the JavaScript client. You can also run wsdl2js or java2js
to generate files that you can serve up.

This functionality is now available in the most recent 2.1 snapshot. It
is described, warts and all, at the following URL.

http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/javascript-clients.html

We (well, I) believe that this is working well enough to that people
should be able to get some useful work out of it while giving us
feedback on issues of taste and correctness.

So, please download the latest snapshot and give this a try.