cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Question about wsdl:import and xsd:extension
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:57:42 GMT
Am Donnerstag, den 06.12.2007, 11:17 -0500 schrieb Ryan Moquin:
> I'm using CXF (this really might be a JAXWS specific question?) to build a
> webservice that imports a common wsdl definition to create a standard
> interface, the import wsdl has types, a port and a binding.  The wsdl that
> is the actual service, includes a service element, some types and an import
> to the common wsdl (referencing the binding and port).
> Can I extend a type from the imported wsdl if it is abstract, from my wsdl
> that imports it?  When I try running wsdl2java, it can't find the extension
> base element that is in the imported wsdl, I'm using the correct namespace.
> Has anyone tried this or knows where I can look at an example?  I can't seem
> to figure out an effective way to search for this type of example.  Really,
> all I want is to have a element in my imported wsdl than can have a type in
> the importing wsdl as a child element......  maybe I'm approaching this
> wrong?

I would go one more level--factor out your types from the common wsdl
into separate xsd file or files, and do your extensions from within
those XSD's.

Look at Slide #31 of here[1], also [2] for more ideas.

HTH,
Glen

[1] http://www.javapassion.com/webservices/WSDLBasics.pdf
[2] http://java.boot.by/wsd-guide/ch01.html