cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: axis vs cxf, which is better?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:13:05 GMT
On Wednesday 14 November 2007, Mohammad Shamsi wrote:
> im new in both axis and cxf,
>
> but for start i found that cxf is easier to config and work (specially
> with spring), am i right ?

It's kind of a loaded question.   Each of the two projects have strengths
and weaknesses.

CXF definitely has better JAX-WS support.  (CXF has passed the TCK)   It
also has much better Spring integration/configuration.   Performance is
fairly similar.  "Features" are comparable (they support some stuff we
don't and vice versa).

Mostly, it comes down to what are you most comfortable using.   For CXF,
we've tried very hard to make it as easy to use as possible.   It should
pretty much "just work" without a whole lot of config and wiring and
such.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer