cxf-users mailing list archives

From mgibble <mgib...@bandwidth.com>
Subject Empty string namespace mapping with JSON and HTTP Post
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:28:36 GMT

I am using the restful_http_binding sample and I have changed the following
lines:

        // Set up the JSON StAX implementation
        Map<String, String> nstojns = new HashMap<String, String>();
        nstojns.put("http://customer.acme.com", "acme");

to:

        // Set up the JSON StAX implementation
        Map<String, String> nstojns = new HashMap<String, String>();
        nstojns.put("http://customer.acme.com", "");

I do an HTTP Post according to the README using wget with the following
add.json file:

{
  "Customer" : {
    "name" : "Jim Bob"
  }
}

I would have thought that this would have worked, but the Customer parameter
of the addCustomer method is not populated with any data.  However, if I
change the add.json file to:

{
  ".Customer" : {
    ".name" : "Jim Bob"
  }
}

the Customer parameter is populated appropriately.  I would have thought
that with the mapping of "customer.acme.com" to "" that my original JSON
would have worked and not required a period ('.') before each field name.
Am I misunderstanding or is this a bug?  If so, is there a way that I can
achieve the functionality that I desire?

Thanks.