cxf-users mailing list archives

From Jason Rosenberg <jrosenb...@shopzilla.com>
Subject Managing Log output from CXFServlet in Tomcat
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 02:10:42 GMT

Hi,

I'm using CXFServlet to manage a java-first web-app implementation in
Tomcat.  I've set up log4j (over commons.logging) with several logger
categories (including a root category), but I can't seem to get it to apply
to the logging output  from the CXF end-point code, in cases of
RuntimeExceptions or other soap faults, etc....These get logged to the
default catalina.out, instead of my log4j configured logs, etc....

Is CXFServlet not using apache.commons.logging, nor log4j explicitly?

Here's an example log sequence that I'd like to go to my managed logs:

Nov 1, 2007 12:56:35 AM org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AttachmentInInterceptor
handleMessage
INFO: AttachmentInInterceptor skipped in HTTP GET method
Nov 1, 2007 12:56:35 AM org.apache.cxf.interceptor.StaxInInterceptor
handleMessage
INFO: StaxInInterceptor skipped.
Nov 1, 2007 12:56:35 AM
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.ReadHeadersInterceptor handleMessage
INFO: ReadHeadersInterceptor skipped in HTTP GET method
Nov 1, 2007 12:56:35 AM org.apache.cxf.interceptor.DocLiteralInInterceptor
handleMessage
INFO: DocLiteralInInterceptor skipped in HTTP GET method
Nov 1, 2007 12:56:35 AM
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.interceptors.WrapperClassInInterceptor handleMessage
INFO: WrapperClassInInterceptor skipped in HTTP GET method
Nov 1, 2007 12:56:35 AM org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain
doIntercept
INFO: Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: wrong number of arguments
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.createFault(AbstractInvoker.java:101)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JAXWSMethodInvoker.createFault(JAXWSMethodInvoker.java:76)
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:96)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JAXWSMethodInvoker.invoke(JAXWSMethodInvoker.java:100)
        at
org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:63)

Anyone else have this sort of problem?

Thanks for any advice,

Jason