cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to run Eclipse debugger on a CXF client
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:05:46 GMT
Am Samstag, den 24.11.2007, 11:06 +0100 schrieb Christian Schneider:
> Glen Mazza schrieb:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to run the Eclipse debugger, not just on my client stub but
> > also on the CXF source code, in particular the CXF interceptors (so I
> > can do line-by-line tracing, etc.)  I think I know how to debug in
> > Eclipse (right-click the project and choose "Debug As..."), but what I
> > don't know is how to attach the CXF JAR files to its corresponding Java
> > source code so tracing can also be done within the CXF libraries.  Has
> > anyone done this before?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Glen
> >

> The easiest way to do this is using maven. If you setup your cxf project
> using maven then the maven source will automatically be attached to the
> jars.

But even if I were to do this with Maven, how would Eclipse make this
link between the source and binary?  Does Eclipse read the Maven pom.xml
file to make this determination?--that seems doubtful.  Because the
debugger is still Eclipse's--somehow the source code-bytecode linkage
would still need to be made within the IDE I think, no?

> But you can of course do the same by hand. If you right click on the jar
> and select Properties then there is a tab Java Source Attachment. You
> then have to either select a source jar or the base directory of the
> unpacked source tree.

Thanks, I'll look into this next.

Glen