cxf-users mailing list archives

From "shaminda perera" <mahen...@googlemail.com>
Subject (JBoss WS) vs (CXF Web service inside JBoss)
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:56:56 GMT
Hi all,

I have a Question. Will try my best to explain the situation.
I have two web services deployed in JBoss.

The first one --> I used CXF annotations in order to build this (
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/how-do-i-develop-a-service.html , where i
sed JAX-WS annotations). And then used the guide in
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/servlet-transport.html in order to publish
the service in JBoss. basically added the CXF servlet to the web.xml file
and added the services.xml file, which specifies the Web service impl class.

The second one --> Used JBoss WS annotations in order to create the service.
For example. the Web service impl class is written as;

@Stateless

@WebService(endpointInterface="com.company.webservices.XXX")

@Remote(MyClass.*class*)
*

public* *class* MyImpl *implements* MyIterface* {*

*}*

this second Web service of course automatically got deployed when i started
JBoss, and no additional configuration was needed. ,,,, also i can see it
when i access http://localhost:8080/jbossws/services

Of course i can see the web service relating to the first one, when i access
the url http://localhost:8080/webapp _path/servletpath/serviceName?wsdl

My question is: what is the difference between these two approaches of
developing a web service? is there a difference performance wise? ,,,, i
feel that the first web service used CXF and the second one uses JBoss web
services... what approach should i follow?

Thanks in advance for any help/comments/feedback