cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Moesel" <Christopher_Moe...@avid.com>
Subject RE: Help in annotating Java beans as paramater to a web service!
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 19:16:22 GMT
Hi Matt,

If you're using the default data binding (JAXB 2.0), then you may want
to check out JAXB's documentation on annotating classes.

For starter's, you can see Kohsuke's blog entry on using JAXB:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2005/02/using_jaxb_20_t.htm

Then for all the gritty details on the possible annotations, check out
the JAXB section of the JEE tutorial:
http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/JAXB5.html

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: mattmadhavan [mailto:mattmadhavan@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:07 PM
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Help in annotating Java beans as paramater to a web service!

Hello,
Please bear with me, I am new to CXF.

I am doing a Java first development and I have one webservice method
called
addProductInfo, which takes a paramter, ProductInfo.

@WebService(name = "ProductInfo",
        targetNamespace = "http://vibes.contentmanagement")
public interface IAddProductInfo extends Serializable {
	@WebMethod(operationName="addProductInfo",
action="urn:addProductInfo")
	@WebResult(name="return")
	public Integer
addProductInfo(@WebParam(name="productInfo")BaseProduct
product);
}

My BaseProduct class is as follows:

public class BaseProduct extends BaseEntity {

    private String name = "";
    private String description;
    private float price;
    private String keyword = "";
    private String shortCode;
}

All the fields are required except, keyword and short code! How do I
annotate the webmethod and the individual fields on the BaseProduct
class?

Can someone point me to right documentations.

Thanks
Matt