cxf-users mailing list archives

From Kaleb Walton <kdwal...@us.ibm.com>
Subject How to define which properties to expose per class using simple server
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:57:48 GMT

I don't want to expose all of the properties of my Person object through
web services. Is there a way to define the exposed properties via Spring
using the simple server?

My server has the following config:

<lang:groovy id="personServiceImpl"
script-source="classpath:a/b/c/services/PersonServiceImpl.groovy"
refresh-check-delay="3000"/>
<simple:server id="personServer"
serviceClass="a.b.c.services.PersonService"
serviceBean="#personServiceImpl" address="/Person"/>

My hypothetical Person object contains an id, name, address and password.

Let's say that I'd like to expose the "id", "name" and "address" properties
of the Person but not the "password" - is there an easy way to define that
through Spring configuration? I'm assuming I could make the property
transient but I may not want to do that for internal serializations.

Regards,
Kaleb