cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Edwards" <mark.edwa...@orchard-systems.co.uk>
Subject RE: Adding interceptors to a JAX-WS client via the API
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:55:31 GMT
Hi Andrea

Thanks for this, works a treat.

Regards

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Smyth [mailto:andrea.smyth@iona.com]
Sent: 08 August 2007 10:29
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding interceptors to a JAX-WS client via the API

Hi Mark,

You can obtain a reference to the underlying CXF client object using the
ClientProxy helper, for example:

GreeterService gs = new GreeterService();
Greeter greeter = gs.getGreeterPort();

org.apache.cxf.endpoint.Client client =
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.getClient(greeter);
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.Endpoint cxfEndpoint = client.getEndpoint();
cxfEndpoint.getOutInterceptors().add(...);

Regards,
Andrea.

Mark Edwards wrote:

>Hi
>

>I'm looking for some guidance on whether I can use the API to add
>interceptors to a JAX-WS client that was generated using the wsdl2java tool.
>I want to implement some ws-security functionality in the client and the
>documentation appears to indicate that adding a WSS4JOutInterceptor is the
>way to do this.  Unfortunately, the documentation for the API usage for the
>client is a bit unclear (http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/ws-security.html),
>it shows how to setup the properties for the interceptor clearly (although
>the usage of "outProps.setProperty" rather than "outProps.put" worries me
>slightly as outProps appears to be a Map) but not how to get the interceptor
>applied to the client.
>

>I've tried several attempts to do this but none have so far worked.  I
cannot
>find a way to get hold of an appropriate object instance that either
>implements the Client or InterceptorProvider interfaces.  I have found an
>example that adds interceptors to the Bus but that applies them to all
>requests going through the bus whereas I only want to do it for a particular
>web service.
>

>Any guidance on this would be gratefully received, even it it's to say that
>I'm trying to do doing something that I shouldn't.
>

>Mark
>

>Mark Edwards
>
>Orchard Information Systems Limited,
>Newcastle Technopole, Kings Manor,
>Newcastle upon Tyne,
>NE1 6PA
>United Kingdom.
>Registered in England, Number 1900078
>Tel: +44 (0)191-203 2500  Fax: +44 (0)191-230 2515
>http://www.orchard-systems.co.uk <http://www.orchard-systems.co.uk/>
>

>This e-mail and any files transmitted are confidential and is solely for the
intended recipient. Unauthorised use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
reproduction, modification or publication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently
delete the e-mail from your system.
>Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not
necessarily those of Orchard Information Systems Ltd.

>It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure this e-mail is free from
viruses. Orchard Information Systems Ltd accept no liability for any damage
caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

>Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance
with Orchard Information Systems Ltd's Internet Usage Policy.

>Orchard Information Systems Ltd. Registered in England No. 1900078
>Newcastle Technopole, Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6PA
>
>Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Registered Number: 171387