cxf-users mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <ning.ji...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Executor thread pool not utilized by JAXWS SEI
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 02:41:27 GMT
Hi Yogen,

If you take a look at the code (ServiceInvokerInterceptor) , CXF just
use the JAXWS specified executor when it dispatch the call to the
implementor object.
And the most of the works ( marshaling/ unmarshaling the messages by the
intercepter chain) are done in the transport thread.
So if you debug the code, you will find the  the Jetty transport thread
most time.
But when you set the break point in the implementor method and run into
it, you will get to see the ThreadPool which you set to the endpoint.

Willem.

Yadav, Yogendra (IT) wrote:
> Hi,
> I have configured / published the POJO service endpoint class using
> JAXWS Endpoint API. I am providing executor thread pool to the Endpoint.
> I don't see the executor thread pool being used by runtime. All I see is
> Jetty transport threads in debugger in EclipseIDE.
>
>     POJOClass c = new POJOClass();
>     String address = "http://localhost:9000/POJOService";
>     ep = Endpoint.create( c );
>     ExecutorService es = Executors.newFixedThreadPool( 4 );
>     ep.setExecutor( es );
>     ep.publish( address );
>
> What am I missing here ?
>
> -yogen
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend
to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.