cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: enable MTOM client
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:38:12 GMT

Sergey,

On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> I'm wondering, why there's a need to configure MTOM explicitly on the
> client side ? CXF is policy-aware, so if the service' WSDL contains a
> non-optional MTOM WS-Policy assertion then the client runtime should
> consume it and do MTOM. The thing is, the server has already expressed
> a requirement to have messages MTOMed, so this should be sufficient.
> One of the purposes of WS-Policy expressions is to mimimize the need
> for a client-side configuration.

Well, if you are doing complete code first development (no wsdl involved
at all), there currently isn't an easy way to enforce WS-Policy
expressions or to add the ws-policy stuff to the wsdl generated with
the ?wsdl call.    The client may not even be using a WSDL.   It could
be just using the interface and and endpoint URL.   It doesn't have to
query for a wsdl if it doesn't want too.

Remember, the world doesn't have to revolve around wsdl and stuff stuck
in wsdl.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp