cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Moesel" <Christopher_Moe...@avid.com>
Subject RE: Service URL question
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:22:56 GMT
Hi Christian,

That is indeed strange.  Have you tried mapping the servlet to something
else like "/services/*"?  I'd be interested to see if you still have the
problem in that case.  I don't know that I'd know what to do either way
(if it works or is broken), but I am curious...

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Vest Hansen [mailto:karmazilla@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:07 AM
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Service URL question

Hi,

Say I have a web project called MyService2 (note the number '2'), the
war file is called MyService2.war and web.xml says its display-name is
MyService2.

This project contains a web service buildt with CXF called TheService.
And the CXFServlet is mapped to the /* url-pattern.

In my beans.xml (since I'm using spring) I have a jaxws:endpoint with
an address="/TheService" attribute.
This element also refers a WSDL which defines an endpoint with this

So, all in all, the endpoint URL is suppose to be
http://localhost:8080/MyService2/TheService

But when I deploy it, and go to the http://localhost:8080/MyService2
to see the generated link pointing at my endpoint, it is instead
pointing at http://localhost:8080/MyService/TheService - without the
'2' part.

I've search all the files in my project for the string "MyService"
without a trailing number '2', but none exists. I'm wondering if
there's an off-by-one bug somewhere that chops off the last character,
but it is guesswork.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

I should note that I'm using CXF version 2.0 (the release).

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.