cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with creating RESTful Service deployed to Jetty - need help!
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:05:46 GMT
Because of the way unwrapped mode works, a method like this cannot be
mapped:

@Get
 @HttpResource(location = "/clients/{id}")
 public Client getClient( long id );

Unwrapped mode states that the thing in the brackets ({id}), must be mapped
to a property on the method parameter (i.e. the first parameter of
getClient). Which means you need to have a method like this:

@Get
@HttpResource(location = "/clients/{id}")
public Client getClient(GetClient client);

public class GetClient {
  private long id;

... getter/setter
}

See the unwrapped vs wrapped mode section of the docs for more explanation:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/HTTP+Binding

Hope that helps,

- Dan

On 7/13/07, Jason Mihalick <jasbo1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >>         at
> >>org.apache.cxf.binding.http.IriDecoderHelper.buildDocument(
> >>IriDecoderHelper.java:213)
> >>         at
> >>

> org.apache.cxf.binding.http.interceptor.URIParameterInInterceptor.mergeParams
> >>(URIParameterInInterceptor.java:129)
> >>         at
> >>

> org.apache.cxf.binding.http.interceptor.URIParameterInInterceptor.handleMessage
> >>(URIParameterInInterceptor.java:105)
> >>

> >>But wait ... there's more.  I decided to drop kick my service for the
> >>moment
> >>and pull in your CustomerService example from
> >>apache-cxf-2.0-incubator/samples/restful_http_binding.  After I got all
> of
> >>the configuration set up for that sample service, doing a get against
> this
> >>URL worked:
> >>
> >>http://localhost:8080/iat-services/ws/customer/customers
> >>
> >>Hmmm.  Something screwy here.  So, I started comparing my webservice to
> >>yours piece by piece and my NullPointerException went away when I added
> >>targetNamespace to my @WebService tag in my ClientService interface:
> >>
> >>@WebService(targetNamespace = "http://iat.jcol.com")
> >>
> >>Adding that made the NPE go away, and now it's working!  Does this make
> >>any
> >>sense?  Why would that fix it, I wonder, hmmmm.  I've checked it a
> couple
> >>of
> >>times and adding/removing that namespace causes the NPE to
> >>disappear/reappear.
> >>
> >>Hope this helps in your understanding.  Let me know if there is any
> other
> >>info I can provide to you.  Appreciate the help.
> >>--
> >>Jason

> >>need

> >>(as

> >>http://localhost:8080/iat-services/ws/client/10>

> >>Mapping

> your
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader
> :
> org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext@20bb]:
> >> >>

> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@bb5e2d
> >> >>

> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext$BeanPostProcessorChecker
> example:
> >>not
> >> >>

> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext$BeanPostProcessorChecker
> >> >>

> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext$BeanPostProcessorChecker
> not
> example:
> >>not
> >> >>

> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@bb5e2d
> DELETE
> org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader
> >>org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext@282b42:
> ];
> >>org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext

You